Kadima Day School is an inspiring place of employment, with competitive compensation and benefits packages, flexible and fair staff policies, and opportunities for professional development and personal growth.
To apply for any of the positions listed below, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the Kadima team!
Job title: School Nurse
Reports to: Head of School
status: Part-time , Temporary – 9:30am -2:30pm M - F
(8 Week Substitute Position)
Start date: January 24, 2019
At Kadima Day School, we collectively work to support our mission to provide an integrated general and Judaic studies education that is comprehensive and academically challenging.
Our commitment to educational excellence and Jewish tradition teaches our students to maximize their academic, social, physical and spiritual potentials. At Kadima, education instills a strong sense of identity, preparedness for higher education and a commitment to responsible living guided by Jewish ethics and values.
A nurse at Kadima is an energetic and vibrant part of our staff that needs to be caring, patient and compassionate with our students and have the medical knowledge to addresss a variety of concerns. This is a temporary position.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Administer prescribed medications according to physician's and parent's instructions; dispense medications based on established District procedures and/or as directed; maintain related records and documents.
• Assess students' medical conditions; administer minor first aid to ill and injured children; distribute adhesive bandages, ice and compresses as necessary; evaluate emergency situations; perform routine first aid and CPR as needed.
• Establish and maintain cumulative health and immunization record files for each student; reconcile student health records with student enrollment records; review immunization records and maintain related data.
• Maintain inventory and order first aid supplies; distribute first aid kits to appropriate site or office location; requisition health office supplies as necessary.
• Respond to parent and staff inquiries by interpreting and explaining applicable laws, codes, rules, programs and regulations.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
• Current certification as Licensed Vocational Nurse
• Paid work experience administering medications, performing general nursing duties.
• Must be accurate, expedient and possess the necessary communication and behavior management skills to work with targeted student population, parents, and multidisciplinary staff.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a school employee to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and functions.
Reasonable accommodation may be requested to enable individuals to perform the essential responsibilities of the job:
• Ability to sit, stand, move, and communicate.
• In-person attendance necessary to perform essential job functions
• Normal exposure to interior heat/air conditioning and interior dust
• May be exposed to childhood illnesses
Job Title: hebrew teacher
Reports to: hebrew coordinator
As a Kadima Day School community member, we collectively work to support our mission to provide an integrated general and Judaic studies education that is comprehensive and academically challenging. Our commitment to educational excellence and Jewish tradition teaches our students to maximize their academic, social, physical and spiritual potentials. At Kadima, education instills a strong sense of identity, preparedness for higher education and a commitment to responsible living guided by Jewish ethics and values.
A Hebrew teacher at Kadima is an energetic, creative and skillful educator who is responsible for developing curriculum to enhance students’ skills and knowledge in the Hebrew language and related concepts while encouraging students’ social/emotional skills and promoting thoughtful student participation. This position is a full-time opportunity.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
A Hebrew teacher at Kadima is responsible for delivering curriculum to a classroom of students. Working within the faculty team, this instructor works to develop students’ understanding of both academic content while also fostering crucial social-emotional learning. The essential job responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Cultivate and model a respectful, safe, creative, and invigorating classroom
- Utilize best instructional practices, methods, materials and technology
- Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with the Principal, Assistant Principal for Judaic Studies,and other Kadima faculty throughout all grade levels on campus to strengthen community and student experience
-Relate to and communicate well with students, parents, administration and staff
-Connect with and engage in student life
-Guide and develop students to become confident and successful in their classroom experience
-Employ effective teaching methods and student management skills; employ adequate supervision to insure student safety
-Communicate student progress with the administration and parents
-Teach all students as assigned
-Perform other duties as assigned by the Principal
-Relate and communicate well with students, parents, and colleagues, both verbally and written
-Demonstrate adaptability and willingness to learn Hebrew curriculum and pedagogy
-Ability to work effectively with the Principal, Assistant Principal of Judaic Studies and other Faculty members
-Demonstrate effective and respectful management of classroom culture
-Exhibit enthusiasm for participating in and contributing to the life and events of the school beyond the classroom setting
-Demonstrate ability to establish connections and rapport with children of all ages
-Exhibit enthusiasm and commitment to the vision, mission and guiding principles of the school
-Exhibit the ability to work as part of a team
-Excellent communications, team-building and collaborative skills
-Demonstrated ability to work with differentiated abilities and employ teaching methods
-2-5 years’ experience with teaching/working with children in a school setting
-B.A. or Master’s Degree or equivalent in education or related field
-Able to pass state and federal background checks
-Clear TB and criminal background check upon hire
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a school employee to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and functions. Reasonable accommodation may be requested to enable individuals to perform the essential responsibilities of the job:
- Ability to sit, stand, move, communicate, hear and read during the course of normal teaching activities
- Able to think and concentrate for sustained periods of time, and to perform teaching responsibilities with patience and professionalism required to effectively work with children
-In-person attendance necessary to perform essential job functions in the classroom
-Normal exposure to interior heat/air conditioning and interior dust
-May be exposed to childhood illnesses