Kadima Day School is an inspiring place of employment, with competitive compensation and benefits packages, flexible and fair staff policies, and opportunities for professional development and personal growth.
To apply for any of the positions listed below, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the Kadima team!
Job title: School Nurse
Reports to: Head of School
status: Part-time , Temporary – 9:30am -2:30pm M - F
(8 Week Substitute Position)
Start date: January 24, 2019
At Kadima Day School, we collectively work to support our mission to provide an integrated general and Judaic studies education that is comprehensive and academically challenging.
Our commitment to educational excellence and Jewish tradition teaches our students to maximize their academic, social, physical and spiritual potentials. At Kadima, education instills a strong sense of identity, preparedness for higher education and a commitment to responsible living guided by Jewish ethics and values.
A nurse at Kadima is an energetic and vibrant part of our staff that needs to be caring, patient and compassionate with our students and have the medical knowledge to addresss a variety of concerns. This is a temporary position.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Administer prescribed medications according to physician's and parent's instructions; dispense medications based on established District procedures and/or as directed; maintain related records and documents.
• Assess students' medical conditions; administer minor first aid to ill and injured children; distribute adhesive bandages, ice and compresses as necessary; evaluate emergency situations; perform routine first aid and CPR as needed.
• Establish and maintain cumulative health and immunization record files for each student; reconcile student health records with student enrollment records; review immunization records and maintain related data.
• Maintain inventory and order first aid supplies; distribute first aid kits to appropriate site or office location; requisition health office supplies as necessary.
• Respond to parent and staff inquiries by interpreting and explaining applicable laws, codes, rules, programs and regulations.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
• Current certification as Licensed Vocational Nurse
• Paid work experience administering medications, performing general nursing duties.
• Must be accurate, expedient and possess the necessary communication and behavior management skills to work with targeted student population, parents, and multidisciplinary staff.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a school employee to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and functions.
Reasonable accommodation may be requested to enable individuals to perform the essential responsibilities of the job:
• Ability to sit, stand, move, and communicate.
• In-person attendance necessary to perform essential job functions
• Normal exposure to interior heat/air conditioning and interior dust
• May be exposed to childhood illnesses